Monday, August 31, 2026

Everything Bagel Seasoning with a Smoky Twist (My New Obsession)

 
There are recipes for Everything Bagel Seasoning all over the Internet, and for good reason. It’s crunchy, savory, and downright addictive. But as any true flavor enthusiast knows, the classics are just begging for a twist.

 This year, I’ve been obsessed with McCormick Smoked Paprika with Garlic (that I have used here and here), and I decided it belonged in my everything bagel mix. The result? A subtle, smoky depth that takes the beloved blend from great to unforgettable. One sprinkle and you’ll be reaching for the jar again and again.
 
I keep mine on the table and shake it on eggs, avocado toast, roasted veggies, popcorn, grilled chicken—you name it. It takes literally two minutes to stir together, looks beautiful in little gift jars, and stores for months. I have become as obsessed with these little spice jars as I have with the mix itself. Aren’t they adorable?! Think what a lovely host or hostess gift this would make. You’ve got to try it. 

Everything Bagel Seasoning with a Twist

 2 T. poppy seeds

1 T. white sesame seeds

1 T. black sesame seeds

1 T. + 1 t. dried minced garlic

1 T. + 1 t. dried minced onion

2 t. flaked sea salt (or coarse salt)

¼ t. McCormick Smoked Paprika with Garlic

 In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, salt, and smoked paprika with garlic. Stir until everything is evenly mixed. Transfer to an airtight jar or cute container and store in a cool, dry place.

That’s it! Once you try this smoky version, you might never go back to plain again.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting, I love every one of them! I am, however, unable to respond to anonymous comments.