Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Frozen Grasshopper Cocktail – The Mint-Chocolate Dessert Drink You’ll Crave

 
Occasionally, I’ll watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory. When I do, I’m reminded that Raj’s favorite drink was a grasshopper. I don’t know if I’ve ever had a grasshopper, but as someone who loves mint, chocolate mint in particular, it was one I absolutely could not resist. I tend to like cocktails like this quite frothy, so this is my own version. It is so good, and such a wonderful, light dessert after a heavy meal. The mint also has stomach settling properties, so you can really look at this as medicinal. I know I am!
Frozen Grasshopper
 Serves 1 

2 oz. crème de menthe

2 oz. crème de cacao

2 oz. heavy cream

4–5 ice cubes

Toss everything into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and beautifully frothy. Pour into a chilled coupe glass, then shower with chocolate shavings and finish with a sprig of fresh mint. Sip slowly and savor every minty-chocolate moment. 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect "remedy" for some of our spicy meals! Looks pretty in the glass too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...lolol...My favorite was a Pina Colada. Mint is never my first choice but it IS a pretty color! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't do a mint chocolate anything, but I will admit this looks very pretty (: I am a fan of cocktails for medicinal purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and medicinal! What’s not to love? Cheers, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this brings back memories! My godmother's favorite drink was a grasshopper. She drank one every time she visited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brings back memories. My parents (who were not drinkers) made these every New Years Eve to toast in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I love every one of them! I am, however, unable to respond to anonymous comments.