Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Haunted House Tablescape for Halloween

 
There’s something magical about setting a beautiful seasonal table. Year after year, I refresh my collection by waiting for those glorious post-holiday 50% off sales. Yes, it means holding onto new treasures for a full year before they shine, but the wait is always worth it.
 This year’s Halloween centerpiece is pure joy: a Pottery Barn cookie-jar haunted house I snapped up last season, complete with its matching salt-and-pepper shakers. I adore anything haunted and anything house-related, so this set felt inevitable. 
 To give the little manor a proper backdrop, I added a pair of glowing light-up trees, and the whole scene instantly came to life. 
 
For the foundation, I chose a rich chocolate-brown tablecloth layered with a gauzy cheesecloth runner in a lovely champagne color. A touch of green felt essential, so I slipped Monstera-leaf placemats underneath (because “monster,” of course — it is Halloween). 
 Over those went thick, woven black placemats for depth and drama. 
 The place settings continue the story. Weathered-green melamine dinner plates from Williams-Sonoma provide a sturdy, earthy base. Stacked on top are Williams-Sonoma’s Vintage Halloween salad plates, each featuring a cheerful jack-o’-lantern and the classic “Happy Halloween” greeting. 
A pumpkin-hued cup and saucer stand ready for cappuccino — the sweet wooden spoon with leaf is just perfect for stirring in the right about of sugar — while an orange coupe glass awaits champagne. Water is served in a vintage Fostoria Woodland Brown goblet I inherited from my mother—an heirloom that adds quiet history to the table.

  
New this year is the gold hammered silverware. Its soft shimmer catches the light and echoes the gold accents on the salad plates. Bold orange napkins deliver the final pop of color, tying everything together with festive energy. 

The result is a table that feels slightly spooky, warmly inviting, and thoroughly ready for Halloween celebrations.
 
Many thanks to Rita of Panoply for organizing this Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop.

 Click on the links below for more Halloween table inspiration from my blogging friends: 

Panoply - Skeleton Duet Halloween Tablescape

Life and Linda - Phantom of the Opera Tablescape

Hyacinths for the Soul - Too Cute to Spook

Me and My Captain - Happy Ghosts Visit the Moon of the High Mountain Desert of New Mexico

Red Cottage Chronicles - A Charming Halloween Tea Party

The Cat's Whiskerz - A Witchy Halloween Tablescape

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - A Bit of Scare in that Scarecrow

Olla-Podrida - Haunted House Tablescape for Halloween

My Thrift Store Addiction - Charlotte the Spider and a Whimsical Garden Party

Dinner at Eight - There's a Full Moon Rising . . .

Thrifting Wonderland - All Hallows Eve Thrifted Tablescape

The Bookish Dilettante - Tablescape for Spooky Season: El Día de los Muertos

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I love every one of them! I am, however, unable to respond to anonymous comments.