Sunday, October 4, 2026

Honest Review: Preppy Kitchen Everyday Baking by John Kanell

 
I’ll be honest, I had no idea Preppy Kitchen Everyday Baking was the third book in John Kanell’s series until I held it in my hands. Now I’m wondering how I missed the first two, because this one has completely won me over.
 As someone who isn’t a natural baker, I didn’t expect to fall in love with a baking cookbook. Yet here I am, bookmarking nearly every page and feeling genuine excitement to get into the kitchen. The moment I started flipping through, I was hooked by the approachable, crave-worthy recipes and John’s warm, encouraging voice. 
 The book is organized into practical chapters covering everything from breakfast bakes and muffins to cookies, cakes, pies, and even air-fryer sweets. Standouts include Easy Almond Croissants, Strawberry Lofthouse Cookies, Salted Caramel Cheesecake, Orange Marmalade Scones, Rum Raisin Cinnamon Rolls, German Chocolate Brownies (I am swooning here!) and Margarita Bars. Margarita! Every recipe includes a gorgeous full-color photo, clear instructions, dual measurements (grams and cups), and helpful tips for storage, swaps, and make-ahead options. 
 What makes this book special is its “everyday baking” promise: one-bowl wonders, quick breads, impressive-yet-easy cakes, and treats you can whip up on a weeknight or whim using basic pantry staples. No fancy equipment or hard-to-find ingredients required—just a mixer and a desire for something homemade and delicious.
 Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned baker, John (former math teacher and beloved Preppy Kitchen creator with a YouTube channel — who knew?) brings clarity, consistency, and joy to every page. These recipes feel personal, doable, and destined to become family favorites. I’ve already planned to bake my way through the entire book, starting at page one.

 If you’ve been looking for a baking book that makes you want to bake, this is it.

 You can order a copy here.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for providing me with an advanced digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, I love every one of them! I am, however, unable to respond to anonymous comments.