Thursday, August 27, 2026

Longhorn Steakhouse Stuffed Mushrooms Copycat (Better Than the Restaurant!)

 
I’ll be honest, I’ve never actually tried the stuffed mushrooms at Longhorn Steakhouse, but I’m incapable of walking past a stuffed mushroom on any menu. One bite of this copycat version and I was hooked. These are legitimately restaurant-quality: earthy mushrooms filled with garlic-herb cream cheese, nestled in a rich four-cheese Alfredo, and topped with bubbly cheddar and golden buttered breadcrumbs. In other words, absolute perfection.

 The best part? You can prep everything ahead, refrigerate, and bake right before serving. I made mine in stages while watching the Cardinals blow a seven-run lead — don’t get me started.

 I made just one small change to the original recipe. After washing the mushrooms (Yes, you can give them a good rinse, mushrooms don’t absorb water the way many people believe.), I placed them upside down on paper towels while I prepared the filling. Removing any excess surface moisture helps the filling stay creamy instead of watery.

Other than that, this recipe is prepared exactly as written by the folks at CopyKat.com, and it is every bit as delicious as promised. 

LongHorn Steakhouse Stuffed Mushrooms (Copycat)

 Mushrooms & Filling

16 oz. baby portobello mushrooms

4 oz. Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese

 ½ c. grated white cheddar cheese

 Buttered Breadcrumb Topping

1/3 c. Italian breadcrumbs

3 T. butter, melted

¼ t. garlic powder

Pinch salt

 Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce

 3 T. unsalted butter

2 t. finely minced garlic

1 T. flour

1 c. heavy cream

1/3 c. half-and-half

½ c. grated Parmesan cheese

¼ c. shredded white cheddar

¼ c. shredded Gruyère or Fontina

Salt and white pepper, to taste

 Topping

1 c. grated white cheddar cheese

2 t. finely minced parsley

 Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 2-qt. baking dish.

 Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wash the caps. Place them upside down on a paper towel-lined plate while you prepare the filling.

 Combine the Boursin cheese and ½ c. of the white cheddar until well blended. Fill each mushroom cap generously, but don’t overfill.

 To make the Alfredo sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream and half-and-half. Stir in the Parmesan, white cheddar, and Gruyère until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper.

Pour enough Alfredo sauce into the baking dish to lightly coat the bottom.

 Arrange the stuffed mushrooms, filling side up, in the sauce.

Spoon a little more Alfredo over each mushroom. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 c. white cheddar. Combine the breadcrumbs, melted butter, garlic powder, and salt. Sprinkle evenly over the cheese.

 Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbling. Switch the oven to low broil and broil for 2–3 minutes, watching carefully until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.

 Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.

 
Tips

Don’t overfill the mushrooms. As the cheese softens, excess filling will spill into the sauce.

 If the Alfredo thickens while assembling the dish, stir in a splash of half-and-half over low heat until pourable.

 Reserve extra Alfredo for serving alongside the mushrooms or spooning over individual servings.

 
For more delicious copycat recipes, I highly recommend this book. You can grab a copy here. 

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

5 comments:

  1. Pattie, I have no words. Your photos! I can almost taste these. I haven't had a stuffed mushroom in decades - this is going on my "make for me" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so delicious that I ate them for a meal.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE stuffed mushrooms and this sounds absolutely amazing. I will be trying them this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How decadent and rich looking. Must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet these are amazing alongside a steak! I have only ever eaten at LHS twice and I don't know that we ordered these, but we clearly missed out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I love every one of them! I am, however, unable to respond to anonymous comments.