Tuesday, September 29, 2026

A Roasted Red Pepper Spread for Every Occasion

 

 
It’s no secret that I love roasted red peppers. One or more jars are always tucked away in my pantry, and this is one staple I never want to be without. I can’t think of many other ingredients in my kitchen that are more versatile. With the possible exception of sweets (and the jury is still out on this one), roasted sweet red peppers can be used successfully in almost any type of recipe, from appetizers to salads and soups to side dishes and main courses.

 Over the weekend, I decided to try my hand at making a roasted red pepper cheese spread. I love keeping Homemade Boursin in the refrigerator, along with one or two varieties of hummus — basil is my favorite. It’s wonderfully convenient to be able to grab one or more of these things and make up an impromptu snack tray when an unexpected guest drops by. It’s also nice to have something delicious waiting in the refrigerator when you’ve worked like a dog all day and the very thought of cooking is enough to make you want to order takeout.

This spread is easy to make and absolutely delicious. The addition of mayonnaise makes it wonderfully spreadable right from the refrigerator, so there’s no waiting for it to soften and no suffering through broken crackers when you simply can’t wait. The lovely color of the spread also makes it especially appealing this time of year. In addition to being perfect for crackers and crudités, it’s wonderful for breakfast when slathered onto a fresh bagel.

 In other words, this is exactly the sort of thing I like to have in my refrigerator: easy, versatile, and ready whenever I need a little something to eat.

Roasted Red Pepper Spread

 8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 T. Duke’s mayonnaise

½ c. diced Melissa’s Fire Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers

4 scallions, chopped

½ t. Cajun seasoning, or more to taste

Pinch of garlic powder, or more to taste

 Blend all ingredients together using a hand mixer.

Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld.

Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables, or use it as a spread for your favorite sandwich. It’s also particularly good slathered onto a fresh bagel. 

A recipe this easy is one of the reasons I always keep roasted red peppers in the pantry.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love all kinds of dips and cheese spreads, so this is right up my alley. This will probably make the holiday appetizer list. Here, the hot days are back for a short period, and I will just be happy when they are gone for the season. Have a great day!