Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fluffy Meyer Lemon Yogurt Pancakes


Happy Sunday morning everyone!  I hope you’re enjoying wonderful springtime weather wherever you are.  It’s going to be a great day here – up near 80 – so I’ve been squeezing a bag of Melissa’s Meyer lemons to make lemonade, and in the process decided to make a batch of Meyer lemon pancakes.  People have a lot of different ideas as to the perfect pancake.  I’m a light and fluffy gal myself, but Mr. O-P (from NJ) likes them thinner and with more body, but the cook gets her way and this morning these delicious pancakes graced the breakfast table.  As if they weren’t delicious enough on their own, I warmed up some of the Meyer Lemon Vanilla Bean Marmalade that I made a while ago as a topping.  Oh, my!  Heaven on a plate!

Fluffy Meyer Lemon Yogurt Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 large egg
1 6-ounce container Yoplait® plain Greek-style yogurt
1/3 cup whole milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
1 tbsp. Meyer lemon zest
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl; set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and melted butter until smooth. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir batter until combined. Batter will be thick.

Preheat a nonstick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat, until a drop of water will skitter around the surface of the pan.  Lightly grease and then, using a ¼ cup measuring cup, spoon batter onto hot surface. Cook until golden, then flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the other side.  Makes 6-8 pancakes.

Top with warmed Meyer Lemon Vanilla Bean Marmalade.

This post is linked to:

5 comments:

Marigene said...

OMG, those look delicious, Pattie...I love anything lemon, my husband, not so much...but I do the cooking!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Boy, my husband would love these since he loves yogurt and lemon both. And who doesn't love a good pancake!

XO,

Sheila

Carolina HeartStrings said...

How wonderful this recipe looks. Great picture. Cannot wait to try it.

Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen said...

Oh yum, your pancakes look and sound delicious!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Wow, I'd be so happy if a plate of those were in front of me this morning! I have to see if I can find some Meyer lemons.