Friday, September 16, 2016

Set a Table with a Simple Centerpiece


People will often tell me that they can't set a pretty table because they don't have all of the dishes and accessories that I have. Admittedly, I do have a lot of dishes and accessories, but a table need not be set in a dramatic fashion in order to be attractive and appealing.


Today's table is a wonderful representation of modesty. It consists of attractive place settings, patterned placemats, and a centerpiece that is almost Zen-like in its simplicity. A simple dough bowl and two mangoes is all it took. It's lovely, it's serene, and it takes very little by way of supplies or effort. Rummage around in your cupboards and see what you can come up with, and let me know. You just might surprise yourself.



Rattan Round Placemats – Pier One
Fabric Placemats - Three French Hens
Dinnerware – Vintage Pfaltzgraff “Village” (Mr. O-P’s collection)
Stemware – Gift from my mother
Geranium Leaf Plates - Williams-Sonoma
Dough Bowl – Pottery Barn
Flatware – Pottery Barn
Mangoes – Keitt Mangoes from Melissa’s Produce



This post is linked to:

7 comments:

thepaintedapron.com said...

Another stunning table Pattie, and I have always wanted a vintage wood bowl like that- your advise is spot on, sometimes less is more. Your setting is so inviting and attractive-
Jenna

GranthamLynn said...

Lovely Fall table. I love it! Come over and link at the Fall Party!
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fabulous-fall-party-3.html
Happy Fall

The Stonybrook House said...

Hi Pattie! Love the warm colors and simplicity of your tablescape. Less is more.. :) Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It! Your projects are so inspiring!! :)

Jeanne said...

Hi Pattie, I really admire your simply lovely tablesetting. I agree that the simple centerpiece is perfect. There are so many ways to set a lovely table. Especially when many people do not even try. I am so thankful that my mom was a person who loved setting a pretty table. I love following in her footsteps.

Thank you so much for joining Blue Monday.
xo,
Jeanne

Unknown said...

My mother has those EXACT same dishes. :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Sandra Lee said...

Very simple and beautiful!

Rosie M. said...

I love this table. Your plaid placemats, geranium plates and dinnerware create such a warm and welcoming space. Thank you for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch