Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Antipasto Salad

 If you like antipasto as much as I do, then you will really like this antipasto salad. It is super simple to put together and is, essentially, just a gathering of all of the ingredients that you would find on an antipasto plate combined in a bowl and drizzled with a wonderful black currant balsamic vinaigrette. I found this recipe on the 7Barrels website. If you’re not familiar with 7Barrels, they make excellent olive oils and vinegars. I’m not affiliated in any way, I just love their products.

Antipasto Salad

Slightly adapted from 7Barrels

 1 10-oz. pkg. Melissa’s baby heirloom tomatoes, halved

1 c. mixed olives

½ c. sliced pepperoncinis

½ c. marinated artichoke hearts, halved

4 oz. thinly sliced salami, quartered

1 c. shredded mozzarella

 Dressing

¼ c. Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil*

2 T. Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar*

1 T. dried Italian seasoning

1 T. Melissa’s minced garlic

Handful Fresh Parsley - chopped

Salt/Pepper - to taste

 Combine all prepared salad ingredients in large bowl.

Whisk all dressing ingredients together until fully emulsified. Pour dressing over salad; toss until evenly coated.

Salt and pepper to taste. Add more Black Currant Balsamic, if desired, by drizzling over plated salad.

Enjoy!

 *Or of your choice


  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The salad looks wonderful with the artichokes and olives. My husband always orders an antipasto salad whenever we eat in an Italian restaurant.

Marie Smith said...

We don’t eat artichokes but it looks like We will have to try them again!

Alycia Nichols said...

Dang it! Just came from the grocery store. Didn't get salami (or pepperoni😐) despite them being right there on the list! Had I paid attention and done right, I could have made this very salad for tonight's dinner so I don't have to turn on the stove!!! Oh, well...I'll stop by the store AGAIN on Thursday after the gym to get what I need. This will be wonderful! There's also a gourmet oil and vinegar boutique nearby where I can browse for the vinegar. Yippee!