Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Copycat Starbucks Ginger Molasses Cookies


I was having a particularly bad day the other day and decided it might be a good day to make cookies. I keep a stack of recipes that I plan to try always on hand, so I grabbed this one to make a copycat of Starbucks ginger molasses cookies. Having never had their ginger molasses cookies, I can’t say if these are as good as what they sell in the stores, but I will say that they are delicious!

Copycat Starbucks Ginger Molasses Cookies

1 c. dark brown sugar
¾ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ c.
molasses
One large egg, room temperature
2¼ c. flour
¼ t. Kosher salt
2 t. baking soda
1¼ t. ground ginger
1 t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. freshly ground
nutmeg
½ c. sugar, for dipping

Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two large baking sheets with
parchment paper or a Silpat; set aside.

In the work bowl of a stand mixer, cream brown sugar and butter together until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add molasses, scrape down, and add egg. Mix until smooth and creamy.

In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. With mixer on low speed, slowly add dry ingredients. Beat only until a thick dough forms.

With a large cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop, scoop up about 1/4 cup of the dough. Roll it in a ball, roll it in the
granulated sugar, and place it on the prepared baking sheets. Allow 2 inches of space between each of the cookies. Once you have filled a baking sheet, dip the bottom of a glass in the sugar, and flatten each slightly. With a teaspoon (in order to get that crackled effect) top each cookie with a little more sugar (approximately a half teaspoon).

Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes approximately 15 cookies.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love making homemade gingerbread cookies - my recipe is from McCormick, but very similar to yours. Warm from the oven, they are amazing! A plate of them says Christmas Eve to me - I have it on good authority that Santa prefers these.

Marie Smith said...

I always love cookies with cracked tops!