Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Planning for Spring Tablescape

 A candlelight breakfast? Why not? Gazing outside imagining what will soon be, on an overcast but warm day like today, when the temperatures tickle 60°, I am champing at the bit to garden. With all of the seed catalogs that arrived in January, I am plotting and planning. This table is a tribute to people like me who get deliriously excited at a time of the year when others are wondering what to do.

 

I started with a neutral tablecloth and runner. It seemed only fitting that this table be topped with green leaf placemats.

On top of them are green Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers. They are topped with a neutral, black square plates, on which I have placed a square green leafy luncheon plate by Fitz and Floyd, in their “Manhattan Garden” pattern. Plaid napkins are from Pottery Barn.

A Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf dessert plate tops this; a Longchamps wine label appetizer plate rounds out this garden inspired plate stack.


Mixing old with new, toast is being served on a vintage toast rack.

Adding a bit of whimsy is the garden gecko salt cellar from Pottery Barn, years ago.

The choice of stemware is a bit serendipitous. Is it properly placed? No. Do I care? Not one bit. Having recently stumbled upon the cranberry liqueur glasses that I bought about 35 years ago, I decided to get them out, wash them up, and use them for whatever beverage I like. The green water glasses are Villeroy and Boch; the wine glass is by Mikasa in their “Parklane” pattern.

What garden doesn’t have a butterfly or two? I had to add my white butterfly dishes that worked perfectly for serving butter pats and jelly.


The greenhouse at center gives an overall gardening feel. The sleeping Buddha, will awaken come spring.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You made breakfast an occasion! Beautiful!

Kim said...

Pattie, this is a gorgeous table. There is nothing that says spring like green and you have carried out the theme to perfection. I'm so tired or winter and longing for spring and your table has been the perfect inspiration. Thanks for sharing and take care down there!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Beautiful, you really have captured early spring!
Jenna

Sandra said...

What lovely surroundings for breakfast! I loved the exuberance of it! I would linger here for a long time, marking up garden catalogs with promising candidates.