Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Macadamia Nut Pesto – Rich, Buttery & Better Than Traditional!

 
Last week I found myself with an over abundance of macadamia nuts…long story. After tossing them into salads, cookies, and everything in between, I was officially burned out. Then inspiration struck: I had a big bunch of fresh basil on hand. Why not swap the usual pine nuts for macadamias and create something new?

The result? Macadamia Nut Pesto — hands down one of the best pestos I’ve ever tasted. The buttery richness of the macadamias transforms the sauce into something luxuriously smooth and velvety, while a subtle natural sweetness rounds out the bright garlic and basil. It’s elegant enough for company yet simple enough for a weeknight dinner.

Macadamia Nut Pesto

¼ c. garlic cloves

⅓ c. macadamia nuts, toasted

¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese

4 oz. Melissa’s fresh basil leaves

½ c. olive oil

¼ – ½ t. kosher salt

¼ – ½ t. freshly ground black pepper

 1½ t. freshly squeezed lemon juice

   Add the garlic and toasted macadamia nuts to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and blended. Add the Parmesan and basil leaves, then process until combined. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto reaches a smooth, creamy consistency. Stir in the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.

 This pesto keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks (or 2–3 months in the freezer). For best results, store in a covered container with a thin layer of olive oil poured on top to prevent browning.

 Recipe Notes

The toasted macadamias give this pesto an incredible depth of flavor. Serve it over pasta, grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, or spread on sandwiches and crostini. Once you try it, you might never go back to pine nuts!

 As an Amazon associate I earn from qualified purchases.

No comments: