Friday, June 22, 2012

Key Lime Parfaits



Remember all of those key limes that I juiced and zested here?  They came in very handy when I needed a quick, delicious, and seasonal dessert for a summer lunch. It’s times like these when I’m grateful for my husband’s hoarding habits, particularly when it comes to issues of Gourmet Magazine and Bon Appétit.  This recipe hails from the latter and dates back to 1999.  Lime and citrus lovers will go crazy!

Key Lime Parfaits

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1 cup chilled whipping cream

Melt butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Mix in sugar and stir until bubbling, about 1 minute. Mix in crumbs; stir until color deepens, about 3 minutes. Turn out onto plate and cool.

Stir condensed milk, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl to blend (mixture will thicken). Using electric mixer, beat cream in medium bowl until firm peaks form; fold into lime mixture.

Place 1/4 cup lime mousse in each of six 8- to 10-ounce wine goblets. Top each with 1 tablespoon crumb mixture, then 1/4 cup mousse. Top parfaits with remaining crumb mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.

NOTE:  I drizzled mine with blackberry syrup and garnished with a spritz of whipped cream, slice of lime, and lime zest.

This post is linked to:





3 comments:

Babs said...

OH!! I LOVE key lime anything and your parfait looks fabulous..I'm sitting here drooling on my laptop..not a pretty sight. Love how you styled it with the blackberry syrup and lime zest..a great kick to the taste buds and visually delicious. YUM!

Unknown said...

Key lime pie is my favorite!! Thank you so much for sharing. I love the idea of the syrup on it too.

Mary said...

Your key lime parfait looks delicious drizzled with your blackberry syrup! What a beautiful & refreshing summer dessert!