Thursday, March 19, 2015

Artichoke Butter in Phyllo Cups



Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake. For example, only recently have I discovered the convenience and crunchy deliciousness of frozen mini phyllo cups. Where have these been all my life? They are amazing!  Crisp them up a bit in the oven and fill them with any and every luscious filling you can think of, bake, and serve to appreciative and amazed guests. Fill them with lemon curd or pipe them full to bursting with chocolate mousse and you have one heck of a delicious hand-held dessert. This product goes on my list of favorites.

For a snack prior to my annual St. Patrick's Day dinner I decided to fill them with Artichoke Butter. I made the filling the day prior and stored it in a sealed container in the fridge. About fifteen minutes before I intended to serve them I dolloped a healthy teaspoon (to a teaspoon and a half) of the mixture into the cups and baked at
350°F for 10-12 minutes. Yummy!   

Artichoke Butter

1 6.34-ounce package
Melissa's Steamed Artichoke hearts, finely chopped*
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Fill thawed and oven crisped phyllo cups, and bake for 10-12 minutes.

*If using canned or frozen artichoke hearts, drain, chop finely, and measure out one cup.

This post is linked to:

1 comment:

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wow, this sounds great Pattie! We love artichokes around here, and what a great way to serve them in a convenient bite! I too only recently tried the Fillo cups, always thought they'd be cardboard, but yes, they are fantastic! Pinning thanks!
Jenna