Thursday, October 22, 2015

Community Coffee's Pumpkin Praline Cold Brew


Even though it is going into the upper eighties today, it is mid-October, and I still want my pumpkin fix. But instead of starting out my day with a hot cup of one of Community Coffee's seasonal flavors, Pumpkin Praline and Southern Bread Pudding, I decided to opt for cold brew. Everyone should be so lucky as to start off this beautiful fall morning with such a delicious eye-opening treat.
 
I chose Pumpkin Praline, with delicious hints of pumpkin spice and toasted pecans; this satisfying medium roast is a seasonal favorite. Plus, it’s made from only the top 10% of the world's coffee beans. Because pumpkin pairs particularly well with chocolate (if you need proof, go
here) I added a healthy squirt of chocolate syrup, stirring it in well before adding the ice and floating a splash of cream on the top.

To refresh your memory on how to make cold brew, you can get the tutorial
here. Also, keep in mind what an excellent flavor enhancer coffee can be when making your favorite dish, so stir in some flavored coffee instead of water when cooking or baking. I'll bet a swirl of Pumpkin Praline coffee would perk up the flavor of pumpkin soup. Meanwhile, be sure to visit your grocer and pick up a couple of bags of seasonal deliciousness in coffee form from Community Coffee.

Disclaimer: Many thanks to the lovely people at Community Coffee who sent me these two bags of delicious seasonal coffee to review.

No comments: