Tuesday, May 16, 2017

One Pan 30-Minute Mushroom Alfredo


Those of you who follow me on my personal Facebook page know that, on the 13th of this month, my husband and I would have celebrated our 22nd anniversary. It was a tough day for me. Today was also a tough day for me, because I finally decided to try one of those one pan, toss everything together, pasta dishes. I couldn't imagine that this would possibly work, or if it did, be any good, but it was wonderful! And considering the late Mr. O-P used to love pasta, I thought of him with every bite, knowing that he would have not only enjoyed it as much as I did, but been equally as intrigued at how easily this came together.

I decided to use up some things in the fridge, so this recipe is based upon a number of them that I'd seen online. Once I tasted it, I completely forgot that I had also planned on throwing in a handful of fresh spinach at the end to wilt on top of the pasta, and add a few gratings of fresh nutmeg. I'll do that next time. From beginning to end, this took me no longer than 30 minutes. Imagine a pasta dish, to serve as a main, that's delicious, versatile, and can be made, start to finish, in 30 minutes or less. This is a keeper, my friends.
One Pan 30-Minute Mushroom Alfredo

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
8 ounces spaghetti
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups homemade chicken stock
1 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

In a 12-inch skillet (I used my square 12-inch copper chef pan), heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Toss in mushrooms, stirring until softened, then add garlic, and stir for one minute more. Add pasta, butter, chicken stock, milk, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low, put the lid on the pan, and set the timer for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes are up, remove lid, sprinkle Parmesan on top of the pasta along with the chopped parsley, and toss until the cheese is melted. Serve.


This post is linked to:

5 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

I love one pot pasta dinners. I could make them once a week, but my family would pout. I really need to dive into your blog more and print out these recipes!

jmac said...

I did one last night too for the first time!!! With as much skepticism as you had. Was flabbergasted how tasty it was and how easy! I used cretinism mushrooms,zucchini,peas and corn. Splash of heavy cream, Parmesan and fresh cilantro at end. Can't wait for leftovers tonite!!!
Your sweet man watches you prepare his fave dishes with a huge smile in his heart. He is never far from you ❤️

Linda said...

I can't imagine how tough your day was Pattie. How lovely to honor him with a pasta dish.
We love any pasta with Alfredo and my husband usually makes a cream cheese-based sauce to serve over cooked spaghetti. I am going to talk him into trying this one!

Joanne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This sounds like an amazing dish. Pinned.

The Charm of Home said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!