Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Welcome to the Lanai!


You've probably been wondering where I've been. Now you have the answer, the deck is finished! It surpassed even my wildest dreams! Joe could not have done a better job; I absolutely love my new space. Not only did he build the deck and do a marvelous job, but he also helped me carry out some of the furniture.

To refresh your memory, I started out with this...
...and ended up with this.
I furnished this entire space, now referred to as the lanai, totally off of the Internet, with everything sight unseen. This was a scary thing for me, as I imagine it would be for anybody. Never in my life have I done such a thing, or made as large an expenditure as the furniture, and all of the items that you see here, having not seen one of them in person.
As the boxes began to arrive (and trust me, I have boxes in my garage that look like a small village), I began to wonder if perhaps I was just a little bit crazy. This, I said to myself, cannot possibly work. Everything is not going to go together in reality as beautifully as it went together in my head. But, as it turns out, it did.
This is my spot.
One thing that I'd like your opinion on: the table in the corner, where I have my morning breakfast, or afternoon tea, depending upon the weather, has a chair behind it that was an extra in a set of patio furniture. It's very comfortable, and I like it with this table, but I think it should be painted a color other than the existing black. I posted the query on Facebook, and got a lot of interesting answers, what do you think? Should I leave it? Or, should I paint it white? Lime green? Orange? Turquoise? Let me know in the comments section below.


Come join me for cake and coffee!
Oh, one more thing, with this lovely small table, you can expect to see some fun and dynamic table settings for one, or perhaps, two. Stay tuned!


 This post is linked to:

19 comments:

Cee Pluse said...

Your new lanai is beautiful, Pattie! I love your furniture and color scheme choices. I would probably paint that chair orange, and also like the idea of lime green or turquoise, but not white because the walls are white and it would blend in too much. However, that is just me, and I love bright colors. You are going to get so much pleasure out of using your new space - enjoy!

Linda said...

Pattie it is stunning. And inviting! The only thing I would change is to put my bed out there - lol! Your contractor - man is he good!
I love that you have protection from the bugs while still able to enjoy being outdoors. Your furniture choices are perfect. Yes it is amazing it all goes together so well. You need to hire yourself out to Pottery Barn!
As far as the chair, I am a teal/aquamarine/turquoise gal, and I would pick a shade that matches those beautiful glasses on your table. But whatever you choose I have no doubt it will look like a million dollars.

name said...

Wowzer! you sure lucked out w/getting such fab 'stuff' online, sight unseen!

I vote for a bright lime green for the chair - think it would look swell since you have only one that I can see solid bright (orange) color in the pillow that goes nicely w/the multi-colored pillow that has some bright lime green in it; betcha a bright lime green chair would bring it all together nicely + add a pop of color to that corner space

bensonb said...

I love all of it. The bright colors are so cheerful. I say one of the brights colors like the orange or turquoise family. You will be out there all the time. Where did you find that beautiful tablecloth and napkins?

Alycia Nichols said...

I'd said white on FB re: the chair, but now seeing it in this space I am going to change my vote to juicy orange. Again, save me a seat!

Marigene said...

You know how much I love this new addition! I think you have enough in the blue family with all the big pieces...so I am voting for orange for the dining chair!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I absolutely love your new space, Pattie, and I can imagine you spending a ton of time out there in the warm months! I would pretty much live out there....I can just see curling up with a good book, or taking a much needed nap out there! Love, love, love!!

Karren Haller said...

Hi Pattie, I am new to your blog and this post is so full of color, love the designs. Thank you for sharing on #OMHGWW, I hope you will jin us again next week to share again!
Have a great week!
Karren :)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I can't believe you were able to coordinate that beautiful space all from the Internet . It looks awesome.
Love all the colors, the festive feel , and how comfy it all looks. Enjoy and thanks for sharing it..
( go with a color for the chair)

Fair Meadow Place said...

After seeing this, I have Lanai envy. I so want a screened in porch. Not going to happen this year. How about orange for the chair?

Barbara
fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh my, I love your new space - it looks terrific and I would probably spend a lot of time out there. I would probably paint it orange or a lime green to go with the colors that you have. But it's your space and you should go with what your comfortable with.

You did a wonderful job on this project - congratulations - I love it!

Happy 4th.

Mary

the cape on the corner said...

WOW! what an amazing space. i love the furniture and the color scheme. enjoy your new space!
b

amyp1023 said...

Great photos! I love the color scheme - it's so pretty

Cherryl Ehlenburg said...

I love it! We have been planning to add in a screened-in porch to the back of our house, so we are saving ideas. This one is definitely worth a save! And I would paint the chair the turquoise color in the tablecloth, but I'm a huge fan of turquoise, so...Anyway, you did a great job!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh my Pattie, Your Lanai/porch looks fabulous, you did a great job on picking
everything. So nice it is enclosed now, so you can enjoy no bugs or sit out
there even if it is raining or sunny. As for the chair I would keep it but
I am thinking to maybe paint it white or gray to mathc your other furniture,
that way if you decide to change the tablecloth it will be easier to match.
I always think about that....as I like to change things around a lot. lol
Enjoy your lovely space.....just love the colors.
Blessings for a lovely summer sitting out there.
Nellie

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh Pattie! It's fabulous! What an inviting cheery spot to hang out! I love all your choices, bright colors and fun patterns!! Fantastic!!
Jenna

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Wow! Such a beautiful and welcoming space! Thank you for sharing at Make it Pretty Monday! Happy weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love your pretty outdoor addition you made to your house. You have decorated it so pretty. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

The Charm of Home said...

That's fabulous! That with an evening breeze must be amazing! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!