Wednesday, November 24, 2021

"Soup to Nuts" Thanksgiving Tablescape


When you have hosted Thanksgiving dinner for 30+ years, eventually, trust me, you run out of table setting ideas. I don’t like to do the same thing year after year, but this year I really struggled to pull something together. I brought absolutely every Thanksgiving/autumn item up from the belly of the beast, spread it out over the countertops and table, and chose from there. I don’t know how my guests will feel, but I am enjoying the change.

I went with a simple, dark checked tablecloth and topped it with round placemats. From there I used tin chargers from a local business (shout out to The White Rabbit), and then used plates edged in plaid that I got a couple of years ago from Pier One.

  The pheasant luncheon plates on top are from Williams-Sonoma, years ago. I love them, but don’t often find the opportunity to use them.

I liked the colors here, but particularly liked the edge that I knew would show around the acorn soup bowls (also Williams-Sonoma years ago). 

This year I absolutely fell in love with the plaid napkins from Pottery Barn as well as the miniature copper mug napkin rings! Aren’t these adorable?! I filled them with mixed nuts (so that we would have everything from soup to nuts for dinner). I will bring them out again at Christmas time and fill them with cranberries. I am over the moon about these.

The pinecone flatware is from Cabela’s. Don’t underestimate Cabela’s when it comes to dinnerware. They have some amazing things.

The crystal is German-made Mikasa gifted to me by a friend who was sick of them. I think they look lovely here.

The turkey and artificial foliage and gourds I’ve had for a number of years, and it never gets old. This year, to mix things up, I wove lighted fall maple leaves throughout so that when the time has come for dining, all I need to do is flip a switch in the power pack (carefully hidden at my place setting) and everything will be a glow.

Whatever you do, however you celebrate, with whomever you celebrate, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.


This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I know I'd love to sit at your table! The pheasant plates are pretty, the napkin rings are adorable, and the centerpiece's abundance is lovely. Weaving the lights through it creates a delightful effect.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Alycia Nichols said...

This table looks like it came straight off a showroom floor!!! The mix of patterns is GREAT!

Linda said...

Oh Pattie it's magnificent! And cozy and inviting too. Those lighted leaves! I bet your guests felt like royalty. I hope you had a wonderful day!

The Tote Trove said...

Your Thanksgiving table is stunning! You chose every detail with such love and care; the lit leaves are truly inspired. And of course, I'm loving the soup to nuts pun. :) I hope your holiday was as lovely as your décor!

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a great Thanksgiving/Fall table Pattie! I am crazy about the cute napkin rings and love the flatware too. Of course the proud Tom turkey looks wonderful overseeing everything! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!
Jenna

CherylK said...

Just beautiful! I spy in the background a wonderful tureen with a turkey lid! Would love to know where it came from. Thanks, Cheryl

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Good eye, Cheryl! Isn’t that turkey tureen wonderful? I got it a number of years ago at Crate & Barrel.

Kim said...

Pattie, your table is lovely! The WS pheasant plates are gorgeous and the plate stack is so pretty. Mr. turkey in the centerpiece with all the pumpkins and the lighted maple leaves is perfect! Love those napkin rings too!
Kim