Thursday, June 9, 2022

Waldorf Chicken Salad


Chicken salad, of late, has been making the rounds on the web, but not just your average chicken salad, this year‘s trend seems to be toward making Waldorf chicken salad, based upon celery, nut, and apple Waldorf salad that began at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City in 1896. Because I tend to like fruit in chicken salad (An old family friend once served me chicken salad with bananas in it, and it was delicious! (I should have asked for the recipe.)), this one is right up my alley. What makes it special though is the dressing that is equal parts mayonnaise and honey mustard. I am sold on honey mustard. I had never bought a bottle of it before I made this, and now it is going to be a staple in my home. You might be wise to buy a bottle yourself, because I am going to be using it in as many future recipes as I see fit.


Waldorf Chicken Salad
Adapted from myrecipes.com

3 c. chopped cooked chicken
½ c. roughly chopped walnuts
1 c.
Melissa’s red Muscato grapes, halved
1 large apple, diced
1 c. diced celery
½ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
½ c. honey mustard
Pinch of paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Stir together all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

Gina said...

I love the combo of apples and walnuts in chicken salad, but I have never added grapes. I wasn't following a recipe, just wingin' it. I do love the idea of adding the honey mustard. Yum yum, I need to make this for my weekend lunch!

Linda said...

Now that is a combo I would really like, and the dressing sounds luscious. Bananas? Wow, I am trying to imagine that.
I loooove honey mustard and always have it on hand!

Marie Smith said...

I will make this. Thank you for sharing!

Lynn said...

I made this and it is delicious! Love the honey mustard with the mayo. Thanks for another yummy recipe!