Thursday, July 7, 2022

Bacon Pea Salad

I love party food, and by “party food” I mean something that I wouldn’t fix on a normal day. I’m talking canapés, cheese dip, little weenies wrapped in bacon, deviled eggs, and, in this case, pea salad. There is something that just says summer about pea salad. This one is crunchy, fresh, and flavorful, and needs to be made ahead of time, something I always find to be a good thing.

Bacon Pea Salad

4 slices thick cut bacon
¾ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
1 T. real maple syrup
1 T. granulated sugar
1 T. grated onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 20-oz. pkg. frozen peas
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
2 ribs celery, chopped
½ c. cubed cheddar cheese, white or yellow
1/3 c. chopped red onion

Cook bacon until crispy in a medium/large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain bacon on paper towel-lined plate; chop. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease.

Whisk together mayonnaise, reserved bacon grease, maple syrup, sugar, grated onion, salt, and pepper, in a bowl until combined.

Stir in bacon, peas, parsley, celery, cheddar cheese, and red onion until coated. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

1 comment:

Marie Smith said...

Yay! I have a bag of frozen peas and wondered what to do with them. This is perfect and I have all the ingredients!