Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Fruit and Spice Zucchini Bread

It’s not often that I make quick bread, but when I do, I want a loaf that is full of flavor, and lots of fruit and nuts. This one has all of those things plus the addition of a vegetable. Will your family realize it? No, they won’t. Will they love this quick bread? You bet they will! If you don’t like raisins (Why not?), then leave them out, or replace them with another dried fruit such as dried tart cherries, cranberries, or apricots. If you don’t like walnuts (Again, what is wrong with you? J), then substitute pecans. But, whatever you do, don’t tamper with the spices, because this is the perfect combination. This bread is slightly sweet, with a crunchy top and pleasantly dense interior. It is wonderful as is, with a bit of butter, or a slather of cream cheese. It is as good toasted as it is un-toasted, and will last on the counter for up to three days, if necessary.

 Fruit and Spice Zucchini Bread

 1½ c. flour 

½ t. kosher salt

½ t. baking soda

¼ t. baking powder

1 t. ground cinnamon

½ t. allspice

½ t. cloves

½ t. nutmeg

1 extra large egg

1 c. sugar

1½ t. vanilla extract

½ c. vegetable oil

1½ c. grated Melissa’s organic zucchini

½ c. golden raisins

½ c. chopped walnuts (Optional)

 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with PAM; set aside.

 Sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder, and spices; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg until frothy. Add sugar, vanilla, and oil, whisking until combined. Fold in zucchini and raisins. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour prepared pan.

 Bake for 1 hour or until loaf tests done.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your quick bread looks delicious and my problem is I like everything and would be eating half of that myself if I baked it. That's why I don't bake anymore...

Marie Smith said...

I don’t eat gluten but I still bake for the grandkids. I will do this one next month when the zucchini is ripe. Thank you!

sandy said...

sounds and looks delicious, lol