Thursday, May 23, 2024

Italian Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery

  

 It may sound strange, but stuffed celery is always something that I go for when it’s on a snack tray or a part of a buffet. There is something about the cool crispness of the celery combined with the pungency of the cheese that I find wonderfully satisfying. This recipe for Italian cream cheese stuffed celery is not my own, but one I just had to try for the ease if nothing else. It was lacking in freshly ground black pepper, so I added a hefty amount of that, and thought that made it absolutely perfect. With warm days ahead, this refreshing snack will be welcome.

Italian Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery

Slightly adapted from plainchicken.com

6 or 7 stalks of celery, rinsed and dried

1 (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened

1 (0.60-oz) package Italian dressing mix

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

 Cut each celery stalk into three pieces. Set aside.

Combine cream cheese, Italian dressing mix, mayonnaise, and mozzarella cheese. Stuff celery with cream cheese mixture.

 Garnish celery with dried parsley and paprika, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 


5 comments:

Linda said...

This looks really good Pattie. Love the idea of cream cheese with celery, and I love celery too. My Mom used to mix up mayonnaise and shredded cheese with a tiny jar of pimentos, and she would serve stuffed celery - it was delicious!

I rarely buy it because of course, I'm the only one who will eat it. I could buy the precut kind, but I love those little stalks with leaves on the end.

Marie Smith said...

A whole new appreciation for celery!

Donna said...

I'll be copying the recipe and making it soon!
hugs
Donna

Gina said...

I've been packing plain celery to munch on at work, but I love it stuffed with a creamy mixture such as herb cream cheese or pimiento spread. This looks so inviting for summer!

thepaintedapron.com said...

This is a great combo Pattie, I love stuffed celery, it makes a wonderful light lunch~
Jenna