Monday, September 16, 2024

Smoked Salmon Spread

 
Years ago, I worked in advertising, so I have an idea as to the power of the written word. Visual images are of equal importance, both of which were certainly used to advantage by New Yorker bagels, from where I purchased a dozen of their bagels, baked and shipped fresh from Brooklyn via two day FedEx. Mine, alas, took three days, but you never would have known it because they were so fresh and delicious that I couldn’t believe it. I am not affiliated by the way, I am just completely in love with their bagels.

I bought one six-pack of Kalamata olive bagels and another six-pack of everything bagels, liking them equally well. Next time, I’m going to try sweet bagels, but I’m wandering from my point that is to say that when you have bagels, you need schmear, and there is none so good as Ina Garten’s Smoked Salmon Spread, the perfect combination of lox and schmear. It is absolutely delicious! These bagels are so good, reheat so beautifully, and are so large that one of them with this smoked salmon spread constitutes a meal. You will be more satisfied eating this than almost anything else.

Smoked Salmon Spread

8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature

1⁄2 c. sour cream

1 T. fresh lemon juice

1 T. freshly minced fresh dill

1 t. prepared horseradish, drained

1⁄2 t. kosher salt

1⁄4 t. freshly ground black pepper

1⁄4 lb. smoked salmon, minced

 Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth.

Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix.

Add the smoked salmon and mix well. 

Chill and serve with crudités or crackers.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Cream cheese has been in a number of recipes we’ve tried lately. This one looks so good!

Angie's Recipes said...

I will just eat the whole dish with a spoon LOL

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

wow! ordered from Brooklyn! That's quite an idea!! they do have great bagels!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Judee, they are the BEST!!

Linda said...

Good for you for ordering them from the source! I bet they are fantastic. When I worked near downtown Houston, our boss used to bring in fresh bagels from a local store, and I've never forgotten how good they were. In another town, we had a cafe that served them toasted as breakfast and lunch sandwiches, and they were quite good.