Thursday, March 28, 2013

Marinated Pork Tenderloin


An old high school friend (male) gives my blog the occasional onceover, and asked me the other day just why there are so few recipes for roasts and other such big meats.  I always think that making a roast is the easiest thing in the world and that it would be rather redundant to include such a recipe. But I’ve grown up with this, and always figured that it was as much a part of others’ youths as it was mine.  If this is not the case, then you’ll appreciate this very easy, versatile, and delicious recipe that I first became acquainted with in our church cookbook, published sometime in the '80s.  There is absolutely nothing to it, it is very forgiving in that, if you fail to remember that it’s in the fridge it will go that extra day (I won’t tell you how I know this, just that I, ahem, do).  It is fine for every day, but is also very much appreciated by company.  It makes for excellent leftovers as well, and if you return tomorrow, my son will tell you how.

Marinated Pork Tenderloin

1-2 lb. pork tenderloin
Bacon for wrapping meat

Wrap tenderloin in bacon, securing with toothpicks along the way. Place in a shallow dish and cover with marinade. Marinate 5 to 6 hours at room temperature, turning often, or overnight in the refrigerator.

Marinade:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

Remove meat from marinade before baking. Bake pork at 350°F for 1 hour. Simmer leftover marinade over low heat for five minutes; serve as a sauce.


This post is linked to:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, simplicity itself. And darn delicious too I bet!  

hidden art of homemaking said...

Patti,
I am pinning this to my recipes...for some reason anything but chuck roast intimidates me..had to contact my daughter last week to find out how to roast a pork butt....thanks for this recipe..maybe you will share some more roast tips?
Mona
ps thanks for stopping by...

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I baked a pork tenderlion tonight and added a skimpy dry rub. I have forgotten the art of marinating, so your post couldn't come at a better time. Wrapping the tenderloin in bacon is a fabulous idea!