Friday, March 29, 2013

Andrew's Pork Fried Rice


My number two son tells me that one of the reasons that he enjoys the marinated pork tenderloin so much is having some left over to make fried rice.  Andrew, of the Cherry Limeade Bars, is no stranger to the kitchen.  When I found I had some slices of the pork remaining he shared his recipe with me in a brief email, and I have to agree that it is darned tasty and unbelievably easy to prepare.  Here is his recipe:

Andrew’s Pork Fried Rice
1-2 cups prepared rice
1/3 cup chopped onion, or scallions
1/2 cup cubed pork tenderloin
1 egg, beaten
Leftover Sauce from tenderloin (or equal amount of soy sauce)

Cook up enough rice for yourself, 1-2 cups.  Then chop up some onion or scallions and sauté with the cubed pork, until the onion is tender and the pork has browned.  Add a beaten egg, if desired, and allow to cook until set.  Then I toss in the rice, and add enough of the left over sauce as needed. Usually I start with 1-2 tablespoons then add more to taste. Heat and eat. Yum!

This post is linked to:

1 comment:

allisamazing said...

This looks delicious and sounds like something my family will love! I am pinning it to try :)