Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gazpacho Dip



There are days when I am just too tired to think about what to fix for lunch...or dinner...or even a snack. I was organizing the pantry trying to come up with an idea when I happened to pull the box of Mini Stoned Wheat Thins off of the shelf and looked at the back. Craving vegetables, as I often do, the recipe that I saw for Gazpacho Dip really sounded like it could satisfy my afternoon craving. I had all of the ingredients on hand, so poured myself a tall, cool glass of Sangria and set to work chopping. With my own version of Gazpacho in mind, I tweaked their recipe a bit and found that I really enjoyed it. If you like Gazpacho as much as I do, then give this a try. It is refreshing, satisfying, and healthy, and how often can you say that about a snack?
Gazpacho Dip

1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup chopped cucumbers
¼ cup chopped red onion
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of cumin
¼ cup light Italian dressing

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer) to blend flavors.  Serve with your favor snack cracker or chip.
This post is linked to:

2 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Looks good and that would be good to eat on my low carb diet. Have to watch my carb intake. I no longer have diabetics by watching my carb intake. So I am always looking for good things to eat.
Thanks so much.
Mary

Carole said...

This is fabulous. I hope you bring it over to Food on Friday. Cheers from carole's chatter