Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine


Sometimes I get ideas in my head for dishes that sound amazingly delicious. Then, once they are brought to life, they don't always live up to my expectations.

The other day, after some rather annoying errands out, we stopped at a favorite local pub for a bit of lunch. I got a Buffalo Chicken Salad that was little more than a bed of greens, chopped tomatoes, slivers of red onion, and diced pieces of cooked chicken that had been dredged in buffalo sauce and baked. The chicken was amazingly good, so, ever since then I have been craving"“Buffalo Chicken” dishes. Bear in mind, I don't particularly care for chicken wings. All of those bones, the mess, the greasy fingers that never seem to come clean, it's just not worth it to me.

So, tonight I decided I was going to make Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine. I had no recipe, just sort of tossed things together. I thought it was good, but not fabulous, but Mr. O-P snarfed it down like he hadn't eaten in ages. It's not a particularly attractive dish, giving no hint as to its spicy flavor, and the chicken is seriously hard to spot in these pictures, so the next time I may add a tablespoon of tomato paste just to give it that Buffalo Chicken look.

This is easy to prepare if you make use of precooked chicken, as I did. Start your pasta water when you begin your sauce, and dinner will be ready in just under thirty minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine
14 cup butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
14 cup Frank’s hot sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
Salt
Black pepper
13 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 ounces fettuccine, prepared as directed

Additional hot sauce
Bleu Cheese Crumbles


In a medium saucepan over low heat melt butter. When butter is melted, add cream cheese, stirring until combined. Add heavy cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan. Toss with cooked and drained fettuccine noodles. Serve immediately with extra hot sauce and bleu cheese crumbles. Makes 2 large servings.

This post is linked to:

6 comments:

Denise said...

Looks delicious, I plan to try for a friend's lunch I'm planning. Thanks Pattie!

Deborah Lacy said...

Sounds simply decadent!

Linda said...

Lol at Mr O-P snarfing it down. :) Gosh it looks so good, the hot sauce and blue cheese - oh my that sounds wonderful.

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Your pictures look so good I can almost taste them! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

sandy said...

I'm so glad i found your blog the other day. This is a recipe i must try. I am always on the lookout for good buffalo bites (bonless).. We go to Fridays down the mountain and I like theirs. I love fettucini alfredo - this is a must try for me.

Miz Helen said...

Looking forward to seeing you again at Full Plate Thursday tonight!
Hope you are having a great day!
Miz Helen