Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Here's Looking at You Tablescape

​ As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

It’s not often that I do more than one tablescape for Halloween, but when I found a bag of these eyeballs in amongst the seasonal decorations, I decided to have a bit of fun with them.

 

A collector of fabric (even though I don’t sew), I am a big fan of J. Wecker Frisch. This fabulous fabric with skeleton hands is called (appropriately) “Hands Off.” I thought that it made a perfect backdrop for this fortuneteller theme table.

 Scalloped edge chargers from Pier One (that everybody seems to have) provide the base for the plaid plates (also from Pier One), and vibrant orange salad plates. Each one is topped with a dessert dish full of black excelsior and a big eyeball.

Witch mugs are from Pier One.

The centerpiece is anchored on either end with the antique crystal candle holders that I used in decorating last week’s table. I found high top Victorian shoes amongst my mother’s things, and added them for a witchy vibe.

 

The skull candle holder, pressed into use as a vase for freshly picked coleus from my garden is from Yankee Candle. If you have not checked out their holiday offerings, that’s a must. The fortuneteller’s booth (isn’t it adorable?), is also from them.

The phrenologist's head generally sets on my night table, but I pressed him into service here. The palmistry hand is a part of my living room decor, so I added it as well.

Join me for dinner. I’ll tell your fortune.

 

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

 

6 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! This is an amazing Halloween table! What are you serving, I'll be right over!

Sandra said...

What I love about going to blog parties is that I invariably find something delightfully (or in this case spookily!) new and imaginative. That fabric is stunning and sets the scene for an eerie dinner come Halloween. The plates and crystal glasses and candleholders lull you into thinking this is just an ordinary tablesetting, then the eyes get you! Thanks for sharing!
Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

The Tote Trove said...

So spookily delightful! I love how detailed your décor is, and how you even incorporated your mother's Victorian shoes. And then, of course, there's the wordplay. You had me at "here's looking at you"!! I hope you're having a very happy Halloween. :)

Kim said...

Pattie, this is the perfectly spooky, creepy tablescape that is absolutely delightful. I love the eyes, the fabric, the palm, and of course the phrenology is near and dear to my heart lol! Hope you have a wonderful Halloween and thanks for sharing your inspiration.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

that is quite an intense Halloween table. I hope you had company to enjoy and appreciate it. Lots of interesting ideas. thanks

Alycia Nichols said...

I don’t know how I missed this here!!! You sunk this one for a 3-pointer!!! The fabric with the hands could not be more perfect for this theme! It’s like all the hands are out there clamoring to have their palms read. That’s about as clever as it gets!!! And they’re all skeletal, so I’m guessing they don’t realize they’re dead and they have no future!🤣🤣🤣 Those eyeballs creep me out to no end. I don’t know what you were thinking when you bought them. That must have been a very interesting period in your life!🤣🤣🤣 Really, Pattie…they are super creepy fun! You should take a couple of them with you when next you go for an eye exam. That would be hilarious!!!! The Victorian shoes are a TERRIFIC addition to the vibe, and the palmistry hand and the head…perfect!!!!! Just PERFECT!!!!!!! I may be the only person I. The blogosphere that did not buy those Pier One chargers. I don’t know why I didn’t. They are gorgeous, they work with a billion different settings, and they’re easy care. I must been in my own “interesting period” of life to have passed on them!😄 I still think the shredded excelsior looks like darkened blood or veins!! Ick! Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!