Monday, August 8, 2022

Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Bread

As you may or may not have noticed, I have been a bit zucchini obsessed of late. Once August hits, however, I suddenly shift into pumpkin mode. Yes, I know it’s early for some of you, but I have been waiting for this since last November. I was wondering how the combination of zucchini and pumpkin would work in a quick bread, and let me tell you, it works perfectly! This little gem serves the purpose of ridding you of excess zucchini (if you happen to be so fortunate), getting vegetables into your picky family, and satisfying that long desire for the return of pumpkin spice. It’s easy, requires no mixer, and the aroma makes the house smell like fall.

Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Bread

2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten

½ c. granulated sugar

½ c. brown sugar

½ c. canned pumpkin

½ c. butter, melted

1½ t. vanilla extract

1½ c. flour

½ t. baking soda

½ t. baking powder

¼ t. salt

1 T. pumpkin pie spice

1 c. shredded Melissa’s organic zucchini (1 medium)

½ c. chopped walnuts

 

 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-in. loaf pan with Baker’s Joy; set aside. 

 In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


3 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Pumpkin spices and zucchini probably are a good match as zucchini flavors are fairly mild. Looks like.an easy delicious quick bread.
Pumpkin lovers will thank you for a little bit of pumpkin in zucchini season.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I have also been on a zucchini kick - this bread looks delish - quick breads are my favs!!

sandy said...

will come back for this recipe (if I remember to)...it looks delicious.