Monday, August 22, 2022

Laundry Room Makeover

 

I have made a lot of changes to this house, and have enjoyed every one of them. The other day, as I was tripping over junk in the laundry room, nearly plunging down a couple of steps into the garage, I wondered why I hadn’t done anything with that grubby, wretched little pass-through known as the laundry room. I got in touch with my faithful builder, Joe, and asked him to come out and take a look at it to see what we could do. I knew that I wanted cabinets. I was sick and tired of piling cleaning products and laundry detergent on top of the dryer, only to be knocked to the floor, often landing on one of my bare feet.

Here is the result of our conference. It’s amazing what a little paint, crown molding, and Home Depot cabinetry can do. It went from a place I tried to ignore to one I enjoy seeing.

The wall paint is Sherwin-Williams "Foothills;” I have used this same paint in both of my upstairs bathrooms. Despite it being a dark color, it does not make the room look small, particularly when there is the addition of white crown molding.

The shelf is nothing more than a finished board set on these brackets. The cabinets are stock cabinets from Home Depot.

The baskets on the shelf I got at Pottery Barn Kids years ago. They hold cleaning rags and plastic bags; the cute little laundry room sign I found here.

The non-skid floor mat is a welcome addition. It’s easy on the legs, inexpensive, and can be found here.


Because the cabinet above the freezer is difficult to get to, I store things in there that I’m only likely to use a couple of times a year. As a consequence I used a little bit of greenery, and a macramé table runner, to spruce it up.

 
I love my new space!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is shared on Metamorphosis Monday.

6 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Patti,
Thanks for sharing your little makeover. It has me thinking that I could actually install cabinets in my laundry room (duh!!) and make it more useful too! I've been in the house over 35 years and have lived with the original laundry room that is not user friendly. Such a great idea- thanks.

Marie Smith said...

Great job. It was worth the effort!

Linda said...

So fresh and pretty - I love that look for a laundry room! The color is amazing. Joe is a star. I really love that macrame runner and the little sign and the mat.

Anonymous said...

I love this makeover, great job! V.

sandy said...

Okay - this is FAnTAsTIc love it so much.

Gina said...

I realized I never commented here - I really love this space and how you decorated it! That fridge would me my massive wine fridge...just saying. The paint color is beautiful. I am very excited to get to be able to do projects like this myself in the spring!