Thursday, June 22, 2023

"Morning Mist" Tablescape

Don’t ask me why I decided to name this tablescape “Morning Mist,” because I honestly don’t know. Those are two words that happened to pop into my head while I was setting it, and I decided to go with it.

When I have one person for lunch, we always dine in the conservatory. It’s my favorite room in the house, and it soon becomes the favorite of any and all who visit. Those who dine with me do have to agree to sit down with a plant or two, sometimes hovering over their plate, when they come dining. While I have tried to reign myself in over the past couple of years, I recently couldn’t stop myself from buying a small vanilla plant (in the white pot on the pedestal to the left) in the hopes that I live long enough to see it flower and (dare I dream?), bear.  I do have blossoms on my coffee plant, so who knows what’s going to happen?

  I also found this little face vase, irresistible, and had to have it as a vessel to hold terrarium plants that I decided to take out of the terrarium because I was finding it a bit overgrown. Doesn’t she have the sweetest face?

 I decided to do something slightly girly, thanks to the vase, and went with the color scheme of pink and green. The chargers, as you all know, undoubtedly by now, are Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers. Topping them are new Kate Spade dinner plates from the "Make It Pop" Collection. I love the green surround, deeper green border, and pink ring in the middle. On top of them are Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica Green Geranium Leaf salad plates.

Continuing the plate stack are these wonderful Longchamps wine label appetizer plate, topped with lightly floral soup bowls from Hartstone Pottery, part of a snack, set, that I inherited from my mother.

 

 The floral napkins are from Pottery Barn. The pink stemware is from Amazon; the green water glasses are by Villeroy and Boch.

The hammered flatware is Mikasa "Opulent" (a new favorite) also found on Amazon, as is this super cute little cream pitcher (that comes as a set of two for a fantastically low price). Isn't is darling?

The silver salt and pepper shakers belonged to the late Mr. O-P’s maternal grandmother (!!).  I discovered these when I was digging around in a box of things in the belly of the beast. Honestly, I just never know what I’m going to find. I fell in love with them on sight, and they have been a fixture on the Conservatory table ever since. If you look closely, you can see the initial "K" because his grandparents' last night was Keogh.

If you’re ever in the area, stop by and join me. A table is always waiting.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

One would want to linger over a meal there…beautiful!

Gina said...

Those salt and pepper shakers are fantastic and I absolutely love the napkins. A very pretty color combo on this table and I do wish I lived close enough to pop in!

Donna said...

Love the dinnerware! Gorgeous pattern...
hugs
Donna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Truly beautiful items on your table and in this post Thank you for explaining each on e. Loved everything especially the soup bowls with the touch of pink and green touches.