Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Barraquito Cocktail

 
Mention tiramisu, liquid or otherwise, and you have my attention. When Richard Ayoade said that the Barraquito cocktail that he sampled in the ‘Tenerife’ episode of his show, “Travel Man” tasted like liquid tiramisu, I knew I had to try it. I wanted mine to be authentic, so I hunted down a bottle Licor 43, found a nice set of clear coffee mugs, and set to work.

It takes a talented bartender to produce the five layers that this fabulously good tasting dessert cocktail is supposed to have. I wasn’t so lucky. My numerous attempts nearly put me into a stupor, so I figured that I should be satisfied with just three. The ingredients are placed into the cup (or tall, heat-resistant shooter glass, if you prefer) in the order listed. Even slowly drizzling the espresso down the side, I couldn’t get it to layer with the Licor 43 no matter how hard I tried. It’s well worth making no matter how it turns out. Serve it on a saucer with a dessert spoon so that the imbiber can give it a good stir before savoring each sip. It’s dessert in a cup.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Just, Yum!!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

I can imagine a cup by the fire on a stormy winter night.