Friday, September 29, 2023

Chicken Potpie Noodle Dish

 
I love chicken potpie. I don’t particularly love to make chicken potpie because I don’t like dealing with crust; pastry and I just do not get along. When I found this dish online, I thought it was for me. It has all of the wonderful flavors and goodness of potpie filling, with no hassles of the pastry. It’s all just stirred together nicely with egg noodles and served in a bowl. This is wonderful comfort food. If you’re inclined to work with pastry, forget about the noodles, and put this concoction in a pie. It’s delicious any way that you’d care to serve it.

Chicken Potpie Noodle Dish

 6 oz. wide egg noodles

2 T. butter

2 Melissa’s shallots, diced

3 carrots, sliced

2 ribs celery, sliced

6 button mushrooms, sliced

1 t. Melissa’s minced garlic

1 c. frozen peas, thawed

½ t. kosher salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

¼ t. Montreal Chicken Seasoning

2 T. flour

1 c. chicken broth

1 c. heavy cream

1½ c. cooked chicken breast, cubed

 Cook noodles al dente, according to package directions.

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the shallots, carrot, celery, mushrooms, garlic, and peas; season with salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning. Sauté for about 6-8 minutes until vegetables are soft. Stir in the flour until combined.

Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and stir occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes.

 Drain the pasta and add to the skillet, along with the chicken. Taste and season with a touch more salt and pepper, if desired.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I couldn’t agree more about pastry. I hate making it too and never do! This looks delicious!

Linda said...

Looks fantastic! Noodles are a good sub for the crust.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I defiantly don't do pastry . I love the idea of the noodles instead. I used to love pot pie when I was a kid.