Friday, June 28, 2024

Texas Tea

 
I’m going to confess a little something, I’ve really been embracing cocktails lately. I’m not much of a drinker, but occasionally I like to try a new recipe, and I have yet to be let down.


I have never had a Long Island iced tea before, so I don’t know how this compares. I will say that it is really tasty, doesn’t taste like it has alcohol in it at all, and disappeared a lot more quickly than I thought it would. It is so incredibly refreshing on a warm day. Make up a pitcher of these and keep them in your fridge. You can always mix the spirits, simple syrup, and lemon juice, and top it off with Coca-Cola when it’s time to serve. This will be the hit of your barbecue, I guarantee.

Texas Tea

1/2 oz. tequila
1/2 oz. rum
1/2 oz. triple sec
1/2 oz.
simple syrup
1/2 oz. freshly squeeze lemon juice
2 oz. Coca-Cola
Lemon wedge, for garnish

Mix everything together and pour over ice in a tall glass. You will love it!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I can see why it would be a hit!

Gina said...

This sounds delightful and we have had some very hot days here lately - yesterday the heat index was 114. I sure could have used a pitcher of this!!

Linda said...

I've only seen Texas Tea as a fertilizer - LOL - so I have to get that out of my head! This looks fabulous, especially topping it off with my favorite beverage, Coca Cola. The only rum I have at the moment is coconut, but I might give it a whirl anyway.

thepaintedapron.com said...

It does sound like Long Island Tea, which I love! This sounds so good and perfect for summer, Cheers Pattie!
Jenna