Monday, July 1, 2024

Herbed Ranch Dressing

 
I’m not proud. I will gladly admit that I like ranch dressing. I also like a wedge salad. To me a wedge of iceberg lettuce, topped with ranch dressing, and a few crumbles of blue cheese (perhaps some crumbled bacon) is like heaven. I also like to keep ranch dressing on hand for crudités, crackers, and pretzels, because all of these things cry out for a dip. I like to tinker around with different recipes, and I think this quite possibly might be my favorite.

Herbed Ranch Dressing

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise
½ c. sour cream
½ c. buttermilk
1 t. fresh lemon zest
1 t.
dried minced onion
1½ t. dill weed
½ t. dried parsley
½ t. garlic powder

¼-½ t. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

  Place all ingredients into a medium bowl, and whisk until creamy. Refrigerate for at least eight hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld. This will keep in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Before you ask, yes, you can use fresh herbs, but it will only keep for 3 to 4 days.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


3 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I'm with you Pattie. I love ranch dressing, and I love a good wedge salad (no bacon please).

Marie Smith said...

We always make our own dressings. This looks great!

Linda said...

I've actually never found a ranch dressing recipe I like, but the lemon zest in this one appeals to me. I know you'll be horrified, but we normally just use the Tuscan Garden mix from Aldi, as it seems to have less salt than most packets.