Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Frosty Café Mocha


I use ice cube trays for many things.  Making ice isn’t one of them.  As I showed you here, it is an excellent way to keep citrus zest (along with premeasured quantities of freshly squeezed citrus juice).  I also make coffee ice cubes out of any coffee that is left over in the pot (on the very rare occasions that this happens) in order to have them on hand to make one of my favorite summer drinks, Frosty Café Mocha.  It’s not as highly caloric and decadent as you may think.  Using a blender and the coffee ice cubes is what gives it its thickness and froth.  The addition of chocolate and sugar, and their respective quantities, is up to you.


Frosty Café Mocha
(Makes 1 serving)
 
 5 coffee ice cubes
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1 tablespoon simple syrup*

In a blender (I use a Rocket Blender), combine coffee ice cubes, milk, chocolate syrup, and simple syrup.  Blend until smooth, adding additional milk, if necessary.  Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a chocolate covered espresso bean.

 
*Simple Syrup
½ cup sugar
½ cup water

In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved.  Allow to cool.  Measure out and use as you like, store remainder in the fridge.

 

This post is linked to:

2 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'll have to remember your idea IF I have leftover coffee too :) It looks delicious!

SKIP TO MALOU said...

i love this idea. i always throw left over coffee and this gives me the idea of making use of the wastage.