Monday, June 2, 2014

Double Peanut Cookies


When it comes to cookies, I like them in the same way in which my youngest son likes them.  To quote him, I love cookies.  I love them so much.  Clearly he is his mother’s boy!  But when it comes to peanut butter cookies, while I like them, I can’t say that they are among my favorites or that I make them all that often.  They are just so much trouble when I’m anxious for a cookie fix.  All of that rolling into balls, and then the fork thing, impressing first in one direction, and then in another to get that signature peanut butter cookie look.  Trouble!  If you feel the same, then you will appreciate this recipe.  It goes together quickly, isn’t cloyingly sweet as some peanut butter cookies are, and contains the delicious crunch of unsalted peanuts right in the dough (something for which I am most thankful since Mr. O-P mistakenly bought a big jar of them).

Much like peanuts themselves, these cookies are positively addicting.  I had one for breakfast.  Don’t judge me.

Double Peanut Cookies 

1 cup creamy peanut butter 
3/4 cup granulated sugar 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1/2 cup butter
1 extra-large egg 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 1/2 cups chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts 

Heat oven to 375
ยบF.

In the work bowl of your stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine peanut butter, sugars, and butter, beating until smooth and creamy.  Add egg, beat until incorporated. Mix in flour and baking soda just until combined. Stir in peanuts (dough will be stiff). 

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (I used a medium cookie scoop), onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light brown. 

Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 30.

This post is linked to:

No comments: