Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bathing Beauties Coastal Tablescape


Who doesn’t like to set a pretty table?  My guess is no one.  Whether dinner is a quick bite, or a time to revere the evening repast, an attractive table can make any meal more enjoyable.

A couple of weeks ago I shared my Seaside Picnic table setting.  It’s one for which I have a particular fondness because of the lovely Pottery Barn linens.  So I decided to enjoy them a bit longer, but switch the table up a bit and turn it into something, seemingly, brand new.

You can do the same.  Swap out an element or two in your centerpiece.  Switch up the placements, change the napkins.  Suddenly you have something completely different.

Take a look.
I changed the rustic rectangular placemats for these round ones.  I kept the chargers and white plates, but swapped out the blue fish plates for the more subtly colored starfish plates.
Scallop shells await filling with Coquilles St. Jacques.
White plastic flatware gave way to the bamboo flatware.
 Pressed glass punch cups replace the white cups, but on the same saucers.  A few pieces of faux beach glass add a hint of color and a lot of whimsy. 
Salmon glassware was removed in favor of this stemware by Mikasa, the Marquis pattern.  Gray napkins that complement the tablecloth were given a special folding that resemble the graceful waves of the sea.  You can learn how to fold them here. 

The starfish candle holders were removed from each individual place setting and became a part of the centerpiece, joining these two lovely bathing beauties from One King’s Lane. 
Very easy, completely new, and with a minimal amount of effort.  I like that!

6 comments:

Girl With Chalk said...

I love this table setting! It looks so beautiful! Great for Summer too! :)

Unknown said...

Could I borrow your starfish plates and maybe the coral plates too? I love them and have great napkins to go with them! lol
You did a great job changing a few things to make a new table.
I love the fact that it took minimal amount of effort.
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings My Friend,

Marigene said...

What a unique tablescape, Pattie.
The two bathing beauties are such an unexpected centerpiece...love it. I really like the starfish plates, too.

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Wonderful elements for a summer table.

Rosie M. said...

I love this summer table!! Your dish stack is perfect: love the colors and textures you've grouped together. Your runner is so pretty and those bathing beauties are wonderful accents! Such a pretty blending of colors. Thank you for sharing.......
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

NCSue said...

Beautiful place setting!
I want to invite you to the new home of Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) at http://image-in-ing.blotspot.com/ each week at midnight Tuesday, EST. And you're welcome to share your blog button for your recurring link-up at the page devoted to Wordless linkups - just remember to use your main blog url rather than a link to an individual post.