Sunday, July 27, 2014

Napkin Folding 101


I have a bit of mini obsession with cloth napkins. I love them, and buy them with reckless abandon. I love plain ones, patterned ones, lace-edged ones, linen, cotton, you name it. Napkins are my Achilles heel. But when you think about it, most napkins come as a part of a set that generally includes a beautiful and, perhaps, expensive tablecloth. Buying a set of napkins can give you the luxury of owning a beautiful part of a set that you might otherwise not be able to afford. That's the way I look at it anyway. 

I have an equal amount of patterned napkins as I do plain ones, and I love to mix and match. What they do to a table is a marvelous thing. A carefully placed cloth napkin can make a grilled cheese and tomato soup lunch feel elegant. A beautiful fold can do the same thing, and it is deceptively easy. 

In the following photos I am going to show you, step by step, how to fold a napkin in the Iris style that can transform a table from plain to fancy with this simple addition. It always draws appreciative comments, and only you and I will know just how simple it is. Follow these instructions and then come back and tell me about all of the compliments you received.








3 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

wonderful tutorial! Hugs. P.S. I invite you to share your post at my blog hop ( link up tonight through Sat)

Katherines Corner said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

NCSue said...

Nice - very pretty!
I want to invite you to the new home of Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) at http://image-in-ing.blotspot.com/ each week at midnight Tuesday, EST. And you're welcome to share your blog button for your recurring link-up at the page devoted to Wordless linkups - just remember to use your main blog url rather than a link to an individual post.