Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter Clone



I know I am probably in the minority here, but I am not a fan of the rolls at Texas Roadhouse. And, brace yourself, people, I don't like the ones at O'Charley's either. Truth be told, I am a crispy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside kind of girl, when it comes to rolls, that is, and just don't like the soft rolls with the doughy interiors. I do, however, enjoy flavored butters and particularly the honey cinnamon variety served at the Roadhouse. After a bit of experimentation I think I have come up with a version that closely replicates what they serve. I make mine in small amounts (Mr. O-P considers such things a punishment), but this recipe can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, well, you get the idea. As a rule, flavored butters last no more than 2 weeks in the fridge, so keep this in mind when determining quantity. I think this butter is wonderful on a seedy honey wheat bread, warm from the oven. Enjoy!

Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter Clone

½ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon organic honey
¼ teaspoon cinnamon

Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl.  Whip at high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Mound in serving container and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes until slightly firm.
This post is linked to:

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Je ne connais absolument pas ce pain-là... mais je suis très curieuse et j'aimerais bien en goûter un peu !

Très jolies photos.

Gros bisous

Linda said...

This looks like a great recipe. I remember when Granny used to take soft butter and stir it with cinnamon and honey and smear it on toast. Happy food memories! I like the look of that bread too. Nice to meet another doughy-interior-hater. ;)