Thursday, August 29, 2024

No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake


Ever since making that  No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake, I have become a bit obsessed. As I mentioned when I made that one, I had never made nor eaten a no-bake cheesecake so I didn’t know what to expect. I was very pleased with that one, consequently, I became interested in trying a lot more. My friend, Alycia, mentioned that she would love to have a recipe for a no-bake Dulce de Leche cheesecake, so I decided that was going to be my next experiment.

This took some equipment, I’m not gonna lie. I used my food processor to make the graham cracker crust, my KitchenAid to make the cheesecake base, and another mixer and bowl to whip the cream. Still, it isn’t difficult, and after one taste, you’ll know that the effort was well worth it. This cheesecake is less dense than the lemon cheesecake, so it’s softer and creamier. If you want yours, a little stiffer, for lack of a better word, you can stick it in the freezer for about a half an hour.No-Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

 Crust:

2¼ c. graham cracker crumbs

2 t. sugar

6 T. butter, melted

 Filling

4 t. cold water

1 t. unflavored gelatin

1 13.4-oz. can dulce de leche*

1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese

2 t. vanilla extract

1 t. caramel flavoring

1 c. heavy cream, whipped

Heath English Toffee Bits, to garnish

 In a medium bowl combine the crust. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of an 9” springform pan. Set in the fridge to chill.

Place cold water in a small bowl (like a ramekin or custard cup) sprinkle gelatin over top.  Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Once gelatin is set, place the bowl in the microwave and heat until gelatin turns to liquid, about 10 seconds. Mix filling ingredients — dulce de leche, cream cheese, vanilla extract, caramel flavoring— at medium speed  until smooth. Turn the mixer to high and slowly add the melted gelatin. Continue beating cream until welcome combined.

 In a separate bowl, using a mixture with a whisk attachment, beet cream until stiff peaks form. Mix whipped cream into filling ingredients. Spread mixture over crust.

 Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. (If you’re in a hurry, you can also freeze the pie for one to two hours).

 Top with Heath English Toffee Bits, if desired. Cut and serve.

 (I stabilized an additional cup of whipped cream in order to pipe rosettes around the top.)

 *You can easily make your own.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

5 comments:

Donna said...

It looks Wonderful!!
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

I bet your friend is obsessed with this one! That photo of the cut piece is the money shot - it looks just like your description. Dulce de leche and toffee bits make anything better - yum!

Gina said...

I love love love chilled desserts on a graham crust! This looks so good!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

sounds really delicious and looks beautiful !!

Marie Smith said...

Yum! Looks so good I can almost taste it.