Sunday, September 27, 2026

Jessica Fletcher Solves Real Estate Drama in the Latest Murder, She Wrote Mystery

 
Oh, what a treat! I just finished A Killing in Real Estate, the 62nd book in the Murder, She Wrote series, and I’m once again reminded why I’ve read every single one. There’s truly nothing more comforting than settling in with Jessica Fletcher and the quirky folks of Cabot Cove for tea, one of Maeve O’Bannon’s delicious scones, good conversation, and, of course, a murder to solve.

 This one is extra special because it’s set right in Cabot Cove, which are always my favorites. The town is more divided than ever with a heated mayoral race underway and the arrival of ambitious developer Lionel Watts. He’s courting local landowners for a big luxury hotel project, and suddenly tongues are wagging, and every conversation turns into a lively debate: bring in the tourist dollars and progress, or protect the town’s old-fashioned charm? Tensions are high, and then Watts turns up dead in the woods. It looks like a simple heart attack at first, but Jessica isn’t convinced. What follows is a classic whodunit layered with local politics, community loyalties, and some decades-old secrets that keep you guessing.

 Terrie Farley Moran captures that perfect small-town nostalgia while tackling a very tricky issue about development and change. Jessica is her usual wonderful self: calm, observant, a clever peacekeeper, and sharp as ever, even while juggling work on her latest novel and dog-sitting Eve Simpson’s Cecil, an adorable Chihuahua who I’d be very happy to read about in future installments.

 The mystery progresses at a measured pace, revealing clues along the way that make the final solution feel both logical and satisfying. A compelling subplot centered on a long-forgotten financial scandal serves as an effective red herring, adding complexity and depth to the story. At times, I found the real estate angle particularly intriguing, but every thread ultimately came together in a cohesive and rewarding conclusion.

 If you’re a fan of the series, this one delivers exactly what we love: a compelling puzzle, memorable characters you feel like you know, and that irresistible Cabot Cove atmosphere. It’s charming, comforting, and left me smiling at the end. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a well-crafted cozy mystery that feels like visiting old friends. Now I’m already looking forward to the next one!​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  You can order a copy here.

 Disclaimer: I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments: