Thursday, October 26, 2023

Salted Caramel Nut Bars

 
A couple of weeks ago, I provided you with a delicious recipe for Artichoke Portobello Soup that came from the wonderful Kneader’s Bakery and Cafe Cookbook. Here’s another one that is simple to make, perfect for the holidays, and fabulously delicious! It’s the last recipe from this cookbook that you’ll get from me, you’re just going to have to buy it yourself, and let me say it is well worth it.

I realize that there are nut people and non-nut people. Clearly these nut bars are for nut people, however, feel free to just use one type of nut, rather than mixed, if there’s one in particular that you prefer. I’ve adapted this recipe to make it even easier than it already is. They suggested mixing the dry ingredients together using a pastry blender to cut in the butter, but who has the time? I threw everything into a food processor, pulsed about seven times, and it came out perfectly.Salted Caramel Nut Bars

Adapted from the Kneader’s Bakery and Cafe Cookbook

1½ c. all-purpose flour
¾ c. packed brown sugar
¼ t. salt
½ c. +2 T. unsalted butter, softened, divided
2 c.
salted mixed nuts without peanuts
1 c. butterscotch chips
½ c. light corn syrup

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Place flour, brown sugar, and salt into the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add ½ cup butter that has been cut into cubes. Pulse eight times to thoroughly blend. Turn out into a
9”x 13” baking pan with straight sides. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. (I used a tart tamper for this.) Sprinkle nuts evenly over the crust.

In a 1-quart saucepan over low heat, mix the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, stirring occasionally, until the chips are melted. Drizzle butterscotch mixture evenly over the nuts, being careful to cover the edges of the crust. Bake for five minutes. Cut into 12 pieces while still warm.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh these look good! I would do peanuts on mine - lol! But Hubs would prefer your version for sure. I love that these have a crust. Are they softly crunchy or crisp?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Linda, I don’t think I’ve ever heard the term softly crunchy before, but I think that does describe these cookies.

Marie Smith said...

Look so good. Something for our Christmas cookie day.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh boy, you had me at salted caramel, these sound amazing!!!
Jenna