Friday, October 13, 2023

When Witches Go Riding Tablescape

 
Does this table surprise you? Well, it surprises me! I had no intention whatsoever of doing a Halloween table this year. This came about when my aunt and my cousin came over to join me for lunch to celebrate my birthday earlier in the month. My cousin brought the napkins made out of Halloween fabric, as well as the spider tea light candleholders. She said now that her children are grown (they’re both in high school) she no longer sets tables to celebrate Halloween, and wanted to know if I would like these items. Would I? Yes, I would! The next day I took down my neutral fall table (that I really enjoyed during the month of September), and set about creating this one.
 
I started by topping the table with fabric by J. Wecker Frisch; it is not a Halloween fabric, per se, but one that lends itself quite well to the holiday.I topped it with black placemats, and Italian green chargers (that I brought forward from last week’s table). On top of the chargers, I placed bright yellow Waechtersbach ceramic dinner plates. To complete my plate stack, I added vintage Halloween plates, that I got a number of years ago from Williams-Sonoma.
I was trying to decide what flatware to use, and at one point was considering gold to pick up the gold elements in the plates (that may not be visible to you, but are very much so in person), but ultimately decided to go with that pop of orange, and I’m happy with my choice. You can find the orange flatware here. 
Witch broom handled mugs, ample enough to hold soup, a latte, or a big cup of cocoa topped with whipped cream, got a number of years ago from Pier One. The owl stemware is new this year and I found it here.

 
I paired my cousin’s luncheon size napkins with solid green dinner size napkins to pick up the green elements in the fabric and give the table some added interest.
The skeleton hand napkin ring holding the napkins can be found here. The spider votive candleholders hold green tea lights.
 
The skeleton candlesticks I got it Michael’s a couple of years ago, the candles are from Colonial Candle of Cape Cod.
 
In the center I have a vintage look pumpkin from World Market filled with fresh flowers and fern fronds.
 
Beverages (Serpent’s Venom and Cauldron Cola) are from The Potion’s Cauldron. They have a variety of fun flavors, and bottles to match.
 
Considering that I wasn’t planning a Halloween table at all, I’m very pleased with the way that this one turned out.
 
BOO! And Happy Friday the 13th!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a fun table. I would love to have a meal with my grandkids there. They would love it.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You are certainly all decked out for Halloween.Some really interesting and nice seasonal pieces that come together to make a beautiful table.

Balvinder said...

Its spooky lovely!
I have decorated my home for Halloween in the past only because daughter my loved it and now that she has grown up I never did.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Very fun Pattie! I love the orange flatware and owl stemware! It's all so cute!! 🧙‍♀️🎃👻
Jenna

Kim said...

This is such a fun table Pattie! I love all the elements that you have gathered here for a nice spooky vibe. Love the plates and the napkin rings and candle holders are a hoot. I hope you enjoyed a lovely meal.