Thursday, October 5, 2023

Shades of Autumn Tablescape

 
A friend recently alerted me to a wonderful YouTube channel called “The Tartan Topiary.” It is hosted by Mary, who uses her channel to beautifully review home and gardening books. If you haven’t seen it, give it a look, because it is wonderful! The downside is that, because her reviews are so lovely, you may find (like me) that you are going to want to buy every one of those reviewed books.
 I always try to control myself, but sometimes it’s not easy. Case in point, she introduced me to the books of Ted Kennedy Watson, and I fell in love. I was particularly enamored with his Guide to Stylish Entertaining. One of his suggestions (and Mary took this up on her episode about this book) is to decorate a table with only one color. I decided that I was going to do that with my first fall table, choosing the color green, my favorite. I wasn’t so sure how this is going to work out, and it was a bit of a challenge, but I am in love with the results.
I started simply with the forest green tablecloth and woven placemats. I added scalloped-edged wooden chargers from Pier One, as well as Italian ceramic charges with a green border. I reused both square black plates, and black flatware from last week’s table.While not visible initially, removing the small wreath and fabric pumpkin reveals a pumpkin-shaped plate that can be used for salad or dessert.
  
The green water glasses I inherited from my mother, as I’ve mentioned so many times in the past. I also inherited her beautiful crystal. I wasn’t sure how something as elegant as these wine glasses from Rogaska in the “Gallia” pattern would work at this table, but they give it a touch of elegance, and nice sparkle.
 
The plaid napkins from Pottery Barn tend to go with everything.At center I have iron candlesticks, purchased years and years ago from a local shop, and green tapers surrounded by faux pumpkins in white and pale green in various sizes.
I’m very happy with the results here. It blends in so lovely with all of the green plants in the Conservatory, that I may just leave this up until it’s time for Halloween.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday 


6 comments:

Gina said...

What a beautiful color scheme - I really want to create a special table for the holidays this year. I was bopping around Hobby Lobby yesterday, listening to their sad piano muzak, (ha!), and thought about how much I am looking forward to the holidays and making my home inviting, whether there are 5 of us or only me!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Sooo pretty Pattie! Love it!
Jenna

Marie Smith said...

Another feast for the eyes, even without the food.

Sarah said...

I'm a fan of black and white, so this delights. Your table is very appealing to me, Pattie. I love the use of the ivy vining through your pumpkins. It's have if they are growing on the table. Happy October!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your tablescapes are always well thought out and lovely. You inspire me but I have not tried to put one together. Maybe I'll have photos of the Thanksgiving table settings.

Donna said...

I love this...SO pretty!
hugs
Donna