Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A "Poe"-tic Luncheon


One of the great things about having an October birthday is the availability of all sorts of seasonal goodies.  Year after year, I am gifted with some of these goodies, this year's treat came from my parents who gave me two sets of Edgar Allen Poe "Curiosity" plates from Pottery Barn.  Aren't they just perfect for Halloween? (Or, for that matter, any type of literary luncheon, book club meeting, or gathering of a group of fans of the macabre or Edgar Allen Poe.  Oooh, a Vincent Price or horror film festival would be another good usage -- the mind whirls!)  They were barely out of the box before I started inviting people. beginning with this little ladies lunch for three.  Last week I gave you all of the recipes to recreate this on your own.  This week I'm giving you a look at the table.  With just the three of us we employed only one end of the table, but considering I didn't go hog wild I think it worked out just fine.  The haunted house, scary tree, ghosts, and fence have all been gifts from my youngest son over the years, coming from one of my favorite mall shops, Illuminations, now sadly gone from this area.










Runners - Pottery Barn
White dinner plates - Old Time Pottery
Napkins - World Market
Salad plates - Pottery Barn
Cups - Amazon
Glassware - La Rochere
Flatware - Fiestaware
Pumpkin Salt & Pepper - Pier 1
Placemats - Pier 1


This post is linked to:



19 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

We both must have literary lunches on the brain today! Love the Poe plates. Those would, indeed, be fun for a book club. Thanks for letting us know where you found them!

You really had fun with this. I can tell, and Happy Birthday, my friend!

XO,

Sheila

susied said...

Love your table setting! What fun - may have to look up Pottery Barn myself for those awesome Poe plates as I have a birthday in October, too :)

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

I absolutely love your Poe plates!!! I am an 8th grade Language Arts teacher (among many other things...) and we are actually studying Poe this week. "Tell-Tale Heart," "The Raven," and "The Fall of the House of Usher." Friday we are going to the theater to see them on stage! CREEPY.... !

So Domesticated said...

Love the table scape! Poe is one of my very favorite authors and poets!

Phyllis said...

Your table is most interesting and creative. The Poe plates are a "keeper" for sure, and you will be able to use them many times for different occasions. Happy belated Birthday to you, October girl! Your haunted votive house is the cutest decoration I have seen!!!! .....love it

The Tablescaper said...

Lucky you to have a birthday at this time of the year. Happy birthday. Love your new plates. Your table is wonderful, complete with a few edible fingers.

Marigene said...

The breadstick fingers are pointing...at...your fabulous table, Pattie! The tealight haunted mansion is perfect for a Halloween tablescape. Love the Poe plates. After seeing all the Halloween tables this year I may be changing my mind about which holiday is my favorite! Thanks for sharing...

Tombstone Livestock said...

Love the plates and the table, Happy Birthday from another Octoberite (is that a word). That table would be perfect for my birthday party .............. wonder why my birthday is 12:01 a.m. on Oct 31st, and could not have possibly been 11:59 p.m. the night before.

Unknown said...

Love your plates! Love your table! Joann

Barbara said...

Smiling about your words! I, too, am an October girl. I, too, got those 8 of those PB plates for my birthday! I love them. I used them for a luncheon with friends on Tuesday and didn't get any pictures. I will have to try again. I love all the spooky details you included!

Taunnie said...

I love your table! Those Poe plates are so wickedly elegant! I am envious. Happy Halloween!

Mary said...

Oh I LOVE this~ those plates tempted me when I spied them, I was barely able to resist! I love the color combination of them perched on the green and the punch of color from the napkin! Your other Halloween elements on the table are hauntingly fun! Happy Birthday to you :)

Darleen ~ Places In The Home said...

Visiting from My Romantic Home. I love your tablescape and thank you so much for listing your resources. My next stop on the web? Pottery Barn & World Market. Halloween tablescapes are fun for little and big kids! I had a ball putting mine together.

~~louise~~ said...

I can't believe I almost missed this festively landscaped table, Patti. And my goodness your Birthday too!!!

Oh how I adore your tablescapes! You didn't miss a single thing. Very cool, I love it!!!

Thank you so much for sharing...

Gone-ta-pott said...

I love tablescapes and this one was fun to see too.

Alycia Nichols said...

Ooooohhh, Patti!!! Great table!!! You did a fantastic job! Those are the greatest plates. Pottery Barn struck gold with those! Happy Birthday AND Happy Halloween to you!

Lizabeth said...

Terrific setting! Love the haunted house, ghost and tree! The P.B. plates are awesome and I like them stacked on the leaf plates...The stemware and fiesta flatware go with it all perfectly! The finger food looks so yummy!! LOL

Snap said...

I saw these plates at Pinterest and thought they'd make a marvelous Halloween setting and they do! You've done a wonderful job with this Halloween tablescape ... spooky and fun! Happy Seasonal Sunday

Babs said...

Spooky and fun tablescape. Love the Poe plates and the haunted house candle holder.
Oooooo Happy Halloween.
Babs