Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This picture of our house after the tornado (with a few embellishments) served as the perfect cover for our Halloween card this year.
By now you know my penchant for collecting and sharing items with recipes on them, from the Recipe Tea Towels  that you read about earlier this month to the Recipe Postcards that I told you about last month. I also make my own greeting cards and, yes, I always manage to work a recipe into them as well.  So, to wish you a Happy Halloween, I'm sharing the card that I designed for the holiday, interior and exterior, along with the envelope in which it arrived.

Have a frightening day everyone, and enjoy!

This recipe for a Tornado Cocktail appeared on the inside top of the card.
The greeting inside.
The envelopes just before they went into the mail.  If you detected a theme here, you're right!  I also paid homage to the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals, by including the Rally Squirrel circling the large tornado.



Have a Happy Halloween!

This post is linked to:
Metamorphosis Monday-BNOTP
Brag Monday-The Graphics Fairy
Amaze Me Monday-
Dittle Dattle

9 comments:

Mary said...

You are just TOO creative! I love that you "made lemonade" out of your lemon of tornado destruction! I bet your Tornado Cocktail packs as much punch as a stage 4 twister, especially sipped through a straw! Hope the scariest thing that happens to you is imbibing a potent Tornado~ Happy Halloween!

Mary said...

I had to come back & comment that my "word" for verification was "house"... :) LOVE your card~

Snap said...

Oh, my! While I love your Halloween card (very creative), I'm so sorry you had to deal with the tornado. The Tornado Cocktail sounds good ... a very little bit at a time! Happy Halloween!

Vanessa Coppa said...

So creative! Tornado cocktail sounds incredible.

Dee said...

I love that recipe, as soon as I can try it I shall. Have a Happy Halloween! (*Not much to add on the World Series Win over the Texas Rangers:( We all are praying next year is our year!) Congrats to you Cardinals fans!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thanks, Dee. I've watched many a losing series so know what it's like to have a team return home empty-handed. Our manager just announced his retirement today, so it was a great way for him to make an exit after such an improbable/unbelievable season. I thought often of the movie "Angels in the Outfield" during the last months of baseball. It was quite a ride!

~~louise~~ said...

You just never cease to amaze me, Patti! Does your talent never end??? I'm so glad to see things back in apple pie order, it sure has been a long haul, I'm sure.

Your cards are absolutely fabulous! I now know who to consult when I design a Months of Edibles Celebration calendar.

Thank you so much for sharing...

fairyrocks said...

Wow that is quite the story.
Your house is wonderful, so happy for you and your family it wasn't destroyed.
Gorgeous cards!!
Keep smiling and creating

Gone-ta-pott said...

Oh my how did I miss this post. I loveee the Halloween cards!! Perfectly spookish with a personal touch. Love the tornado cocktail that you added to it too. Great great job. :)