Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Potatoes


I love potatoes and look for any excuse to make them.  I particularly love mashed potatoes (What can I say? I’m a simple girl at heart.), especially when they are submerged under a river of deep, rich, gravy.  But sometimes I like to mix things up a bit, and what better time to do so than when serving a holiday meal?  Here are four different ideas for potatoes, from the elegant to easy make-ahead, that will draw raves from your guests.  You can access the recipe by clicking on the name of the dish beneath the picture.


A real holiday dazzler, everything can be made a day ahead; brandy takes these over the top.



These can be made two hours ahead and, really, who doesn’t love anything with bacon?


Thin layers of russet potatoes, sandwiched between a single layer of wild mushrooms, and topped with a mixture of creamy Fontina and nutty Gruyere make this a dish worth remembering.


Blanch and peel the onions the day prior and these go together in a flash; deceptively easy and dangerously delicious.

This post is linked to:

2 comments:

So Domesticated said...

Potatoes have to be one of my favorite side dishes and these recipes look fab!

~~louise~~ said...

Oh how I adore potatoes, Pattie. I do believe I could eat them everyday! You sure have some mighty good looking choices here. I'm thinking that Wild Mushroom Potato Gratin is calling my name!

Thanks for sharing, Pattie...