Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookie #3 Finger Sandwich Butter Cookies

This is the chocolate-filled version.

I love a good sandwich cookie during the holidays and find these are the first to disappear from the tray.  So tonight while waiting for dinner to come out of the oven I made this batch of cookies.  Yes, they were that quick and easy to make.

Hot from the oven, puffed and beautiful.
Jam-filled.

Finger Sandwich Butter Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter

1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 drops yellow food coloring
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and food coloring. Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a #4 star tip, and pipe out in 2 inch bars on greased baking pan. (Can also be piped into rosettes or other shapes.)  Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes. Put baked cookies together with jam, frosting. or melted chocolate.

You and your guests will love them.  I guarantee!


This is linked to Tasty Tuesdays.


5 comments:

The Church Cook said...

These look beautiful, Pattie!

Lyndsay Wells said...

I made your other butter cookie recipe yesterday and they were a huge hit.

I thought I was done baking but it looks like I'm going to have to make these too :-)

Thanks Pattie!!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Wow, they look pretty and yummy :-)

I'm a bit late from Tasty Tuesdays, but I'm here- for now!

Got to get baking- again...we ate all our cookies!

Check out my 7-layer cookies and more at:

http://comeonhome.net/last-minute-holiday-stuff

Adi said...

1 and 1/2 eggs?!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Aid, you can use one extra large egg if you have them on hand. One large egg equals 3 tablespoons, so a half egg equals 1/2 tablespoon.