Wednesday, December 8, 2010

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY - An "Ornamental" Holiday Table

The ornaments used to decorate this year's mantle got their start on last year's table. The tablecloth had been in place for Thanksgiving, and I found it looked wonderful doing double duty for Christmas.  My traditional centerpiece of greens provided the usual aromatic base and I went from there.
Guests always get a treat at our dinner parties.  Decorated Christmas tree cookies were the sweets given away.
Cranberry wine glasses were a lucky find at Crate and Barrel.


Tablecloth: Williams-Sonoma
Wine Glasses: Crate and Barrel
Gold Chargers: Target
Big Ornaments: Sam's
Live Greenery and Tree Cookies: Whole Foods


This is linked to Tablescape Thursday

8 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi there, Pattie! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm slowly making my way through to all the great posts today. Yours is beautiful with the huge ornaments used in the centerpiece. I've always touted the "go big, or go home" theory as a decorating truth, and those look great!!!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Love those giant ornaments as centerpiece items on the greenery! The stemware is perfect with the colours you've chosen. That's something I'm on the hunt for - coloured glasses.

DD

Entertaining Women said...

I can understand why you left the gorgeous tablecloth on the table for Christmas. It's wonderful. The large ornaments are the perfect focal point for a very sophisticated, well-done table. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Lynn said...

The colors look great together! This is a very pretty table-enjoy:@)

Marlis said...

I love the huge ornaments. that is not only clever but very stunning. The glasses are a perfect match. Love the cookies on the napkins. Your table is quite lovely.

shannon i olson said...

what a beautiful table, I love the look!!

Barbara said...

What a pretty table! The cloth works perfectly this time of year too. I love the pretty cookies at each place.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Pattie...the cookies are adorable.